Friday, August 12, 2011

Lovely Part II

I hurt you once, lovely,
in a fit of self-destruction that
opened my eyes and closed yours.

Well I'll hurt you twice, kid,
make good and sure you won't
hurt me again. I'll lie to you, kid,
I'll push you away,

and you won't even know it's happening
until I'm two states over with a borrowed
name and a new face.

Well, lovely, I can't say it comes as
a surprise, sitting in my bubble
thinking I've finally found
Someone who understands and who cares.

I knew that was too much to ask, lovely,
and I asked it anyway.
Silly, silly kid, that's me.

Look, kid, now's not really
a good time for this. Neither is
tomorrow or next week, maybe,
probably, never ever.

I told you once, kid, I push people
away, and to me you're already gone,
lost at sea,
pushed pushed to still waters and I'm
Long back on shore.

That's okay, lovely,
I'm pretty good at getting by
on my own.

Spent a lot of time in the middle of
nowhere with only my stupid head to
keep me company. I'm used to it,
lovely. By now, I'm used to losing you.

Listen, kid, the truth is hard to hear
and harder to know, but the truth is this—
I don't wanna be found.

I know, lovely, I know.
Don't you worry your pretty little head
about me, lovely,
I'll keep you lost.
I'll stay lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment